HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE
OPEN ENROLLMENT IS NOVEMBER 1 – JANUARY 15, 2023
In 2010, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), commonly known as ObamaCare, was signed into law. The law makes it possible for more families to have access to preventive, affordable health care.
Marketplace Open Enrollment is from November 1, 2022 – January 15, 2023. A Special Enrollment Period runs through October 31, 2022. Call Family Health or the Marketplace Consumer line to see if you qualify. You may apply for Medicaid at any time.
Special Enrollment Period
You may be eligible to enroll outside the normal enrollment period if you recently had a life change that qualifies you for a special enrollment period. Effective this year, Healthcare.gov has incorporated a special enrollment period that allows year-round Marketplace enrollment for applicants with income that does not exceed 150% of the federal poverty level.
Free Help with Marketplace
If you have any questions or need assistance enrolling in the Health Insurance Marketplace, please call our trained, Certified Application Counselor at Family Health, 937-547-2330 or contact Family Health using the form below and someone will contact you.
Preparing for Enrollment
Preparing with all the necessary information will make for a smooth application process. You will need:
- If you have already set up a Marketplace account, you will need your username and password.
- Household income – to help determine health saving credits you are eligible for, you will need information from sources such as your W-2, current pay stubs, or your tax return.
- Make a list of all your doctors and medications.
- Find out if your employer offers health coverage. If your employer offers affordable health insurance then you will not be eligible for tax credits through Marketplace.
Benefits of Marketplace Insurance
Key benefits of the Marketplace insurance, you may find valuable to you and your family's needs:
- Advanced Premium Tax Credits (APTC) - are offered based on your income to help lower monthly premiums.
- Essential Health Benefits – doctor visits, preventive care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, mental health and substance use disorders, lab, maternity, ambulatory, emergency, rehabilitation and habilitative services, are covered under all plans.
- Pre-Existing Conditions Covered – no one will be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions, this includes pregnancy and disabilities.
Health Insurance Marketplace Quick Guide
Health Insurance ID cards will be delivered to you through the mail shortly after you've been enrolled in the plan you've selected.