- Family Health is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) in Greenville, Ohio located in Darke County (home of Annie Oakley).
- We believe that true health is more than the absence of disease.
- Feeling good about our lives is our best defense against disease.
- We are committed to reduce the financial and personal burden of illness.
- We believe a healthy life exhibits a strong self-image, supportive relationships, a positive belief in our ability to change and adjust to new circumstances, and a sense of harmony with our inner spirit. We are here to help you achieve greater satisfaction in any of these areas.
Building healthy lives together.
Family Health is a self-sustaining organization that builds healthy lives through the provision of quality, comprehensive services. We consistently improve and maximize the quality of care delivered. Seamlessly integrated with the community, we are recognized for win-win-win (patient-employer-provider) relationships that reach more people and provide better care at lower cost. Our practices motivate patients to seek care and information proactively. Above all, our organization supports a culture of nurturing leadership that preserves the "family" in Family Health.
Family Health’s history begins in 1964 with volunteers from the area providing seasonal sanitation and primary care services to local migrant workers through the support of a Ohio Department of Health grant to the Darke County Health Department. In January, 1972 Darke Mercer Shelby Regional Health Services, Inc. was established and received a federal migrant health services grant. 1n 1976 Family Health began receiving a federal Rural Health Initiative grant to provide services to all area residents. Family Health continues to receive federal grant support from DHHS. In 1980, Family Health Services of Darke County, Inc. was established incorporating the existing organization.